Halo 5: Forge Bundle is now available completely free of charge through the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC’s. For a run down on the specs required to play this, check out this article from August 29th outlining what’s needed. The features of the bundle are shown as:
- FREE download of the most robust and powerful level editor in Halo history.
- SHARE across Windows 10 and Xbox One. User-generated content built on Windows 10 using Halo 5: Forge or on Xbox One using Halo 5: Guardians is shared across both platforms, letting Windows and console players experience the best of both!
- PLAY any Forge content created using Halo 5: Forge or Halo 5: Guardians, including original maps and modes originally released by 343 Industries, with up to 16 players via custom matches.
- OPTIMIZED FOR PC, including mouse/keyboard in both edit mode and play modes, support for up to 4K resolution for visually stunning textures, and enhanced controls.
- HALO APP: The Halo app provides the latest news, videos, tutorials, featured community content, update notes, and more from across the entire Halo franchise. Quickly and easily launch Halo 5: Forge directly from the app, as well as discover the latest details about the Halo Pro League, watch game trailers, and discover new Halo products as they’re released!
Now that Forge is available on PC’s, the Halo console community will be able to see what their PC betters…erm I mean, brethren can come up with in the map building stakes.
What do you think about Halo 5: Forge? Have you already played it? Have you played on PC and Xbox One? Let us know what you think in the comments below or in the RGM Forums.