A new update has been detailed by Bethesda for Prey. The Prey update 1.04 fixes several issues, with particular focus given to implementing PlayStation 4 Pro support. There’s also fixes for several bugs across all platforms.
Here’s the full list of patch notes:
PS4 Pro Support added for:
- Enable Screen-Space Reflections
- Higher quality shadows
- Improved texture appearance
- More texture memory (stable streaming)
- Anisotropy 16x (from 4x)
- Improved visual fidelity
- Less LOD usage
- Dynamic lights show up further
- Particles are allowed to draw more pixels per effect
- Particle refraction enabled
Also, some other fixes:
- Additional fixes for PS4 input drift
- Glooing Cook between objectives no longer breaks mission
- ‘Nightmare is Hunting You’ no longer plays after completing ‘Copy Protection’ without Typhon Neuromods installed
- Disgruntled Employee mission now properly completes if player finds Grant Lockwood prior to getting mission.
- Sarah Elazar will now give the code for Cargo Bay B if player has hostility from Phantoms
- Aaron Ingram will no longer flee and cower when released in Psychotronics
- Player can no longer lock themselves in the security pharmaceuticals office in Trauma
- Superfruit no longer appears shrunken and flat when fully grown.
- Adjusted timing on several cutscenes.
- Blank objective markers no longer persist above reticle
- Using key actions while controller prompts are shown will no longer cause a freeze.
- Tracking bracelets are now sent to Recycler with “Transfer all Junk”
Update 1.04 for Prey should be available to download right now on PlayStation 4/PlayStation 4 Pro. The update will become available later in the week on Xbox One and PC. Additionally, if you’d like to find our more about the game, you can find all the coverage you need here. If you’ve been considering picking up Prey however for whatever reason haven’t, I recommend reading our review.