Today, on the Official PlayStation blog, Sony announced the return of the Days of Play. For those who don’t know what this is, it is basically a period in June where Sony is offering discounts on PlayStation software and hardware in stores. This year, it will be from June 8th to June 18th.
Hardware deals and a new bundle
In terms of hardware, there will be a new limited-edition PS4 console bundle (not the Pro) with a 1 TB hard drive. It will be blue with gold symbols (the colors of this year’s sale), and the controller will match the design as shown below.
In addition, a series of rebates on existing hardware and peripherals will be offered:
- PlayStation Pro consoles at $349.99 US / $449.99 CAN
- PlayStation VR bundles starting at $199.99 US / $249.99 CAN
- DualShock 4 controllers at $39.99 US / $49.99 CAN
- 2-pack PlayStation Move controllers bundle at $79.99 US / $99.99 CAN
- PlayStation VR Aim controller at $49.99 US (US Only)
Game deals on first-party titles
They have also announced a series of first-party game titles that will be on sale during this period:
- God of War at $49.99 US / $59.99 CAN
- Gran Turismo Sports at $19.99 US / $29.99 CAN
- Horizon Zero Dawn at $19.99 US / $29.99 CAN
- MLB The Show 18 at $39.99 US / $49.99 CAN
- Shadow of the Colossus at $19.99 US / $29.99 CAN
- Bravo Team (PSVR) at $29.99 US / $39.99 CAN
- Farpoint (PSVR) at $14.99 US / $19.99 CAN
- The Inpatient (PSVR) at $14.99 US / $19.99 CAN
Let’s not forget about the services
Finally, there will be promotions on 2 of Sony’s services. During the event, a 1-year subscription to PlayStation Plus will cost $49.99 US / $59.99 CAN. For US customers, PlayStation Vue will offer a $10 US rebate per month off the Core plan standard price for the first 2 months. After which, it will continue at the regular price of $44.99 US per month.
They say to stay tuned because there will be a catalog of titles from both PlayStation Plus and the PlayStation Store that will have rebates when purchasing certain titles.
So, this is definitely a nice warmup sale pre-E3. For those that were on the fence on some of Sony’s first-party titles, there are definitely some gems in here. Maybe for you, it is more the new hardware and accessories that are enticing you. I can’t wait for what’s revealed during this event next week. What do you think about this? Let us know in the comments.