Preview Program members will later today have access to the new preview build which will be deployed at 1800 PST on March 7th.
Whilst it is a relatively small update it does include a couple of very important fixes, a new feature, and sadly for those who have been waiting for it, news that the Achievements snap app is no longer in the build. Instead you will need to use the guide experience to view your achievement’s progress.
Here are all the details, as provided by Mike Ybarra:
HOW TO GET IT
•If your console is in Instant-On mode and you were selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
•NOTE: Once the update is available to you (today a majority of Preview users will receive this update but a small group will not), you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.
•If your console has been selected to receive the update and hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PST 3/8/2016, you will be prompted to do so at that time.
OS version released: th2_xb_rel_1603.160304-1900
Available: 6:00PM PST 3/6 (1:00AM GMT 3/8)
- Green Screen issues when watching Video:
- Fixed an issue which green screens could appear in some video applications.
- Intermittent flickering Black screens:
- Fixed an issue in which black screens would appear, in games, apps or when navigating the dashboard
New Features in this Build:
- Purchase Xbox 360 Backward compatible games: Games today will be discover-able via Game hubs and Activity feed and over the next 24 hours the Store programming will be live for a full end to end purchasing experience.
- The Achievements snap app is no longer in the build – please use the guide experience to view your achievement’s progress